Today's Tips - Episode 9
Sometimes we want to treat ourselves but we end up short on time and short on funds. What to do, what to do? I present to you, the Kitchen Sink Facial! This is a way to treat yourself and your skin with items you have in your pantry.
What you will need:
- An empty home (send the hubby out with the kids or tell the roommate to go study at the library)
- Melted coconut oil
- Table sugar
- Egg whites
- Olive oil
- Bowl of warm water with 3 drops of your favorite essential oil and 3 soaking towels
Now what makes this facial special is the steam that comes up from your dishwasher! You’re laughing, you think I’m joking, I promise I’m not! If you want to stick some dishes in there, great but it doesn’t make the facial anymore affective! 😉
Now for the steps:
- Work melted coconut oil into the skin working in upward circular motions.
- Remove coconut oil with warm towel.
- While skin is still damp work sugar into the skin in a gentle circular motion.
- Remove excess sugar with warm towel.
- Is your dishwasher ready?? Open the dishwasher door slightly allowing the steam to gently pour out. Pull up a chair and relax while the steam opens your pores. I’m not kidding y’all this is actually relaxing!
- Next take your egg whites and begin applying it to your skin. Egg whites help to tighten pores and refresh the skin. While your mask is setting grab your favorite magazine and get comfy. Let it sit about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm towel.
- Finally take olive oil (a little less than a dime size) and massage it into your skin. Take your time with this step, you can even warm it up is a small bowl for about 10-15 seconds before applying. This will not only feel incredible but thin the oil allowing it to penetrate deeper and hydrate your skin even more.
Now, when your family comes home chances are they won’t recognize the relaxed and radiant creature before them and you will be to relaxed to remember your own name, so please make yourself a name tag before you begin the process.
Don't forget to check out this weeks episode of the podcast!
Elisabeth is the wonderfully wise and witty host of Today’s Tips, a spot in each episode of the Overcoming Monday podcast, where she provides podcast listeners with quick advice on beauty, fashion trends or applicable to-do’s for the subject of each season.
She is the wife to an entrepreneur, mom of four, licensed esthetician and overall lover of beauty.
You can follow her on Instagram (@elisharper) to see more from her!