let's dig deeper
This group study is a follow up to my book, I Love You More. Paired together, both books work to help you move forward when you get stuck in your relationship with Jesus. We can become blind to behaviors and sins that have consistently plagued us. Maybe our blindness comes from an experience, hurtful words, or a behavior we’ve adopted to protect ourselves. Whatever the source, fear of hurt is often the reason we don’t pursue healing. As a result, we have a hard time loving Jesus as much as we wanted to once upon a time.
I want you to love him more, and I know you can. We all can! But, we may have to let go of some long-held assumptions to discover a healthier way of living. We may need to wake up from spiritual mediocrity in order to love him more.
This group study is designed to challenge us to read, dissect, and study Scripture together. We will search the phrases that stick out to us, put them in our own words and apply them to our own lives and to our particular situations. We will discover who God is, who we are in light of him, and how we can make these truths realities in our lives and the lives of others. When we are done, I hope you will have given him everything you possibly can, and as a result you will love him more!
Here is a brief description of the sections you will find in each day’s study.
- Read ILYM: This section tells you which pages in the I Love You More book go along with that day of study.
- Significant ILYM Quotes for Today: This section brings attention to applicable quotes from the book. The page numbers for each quote are also provided.
- Let’s Start: The Scripture for that day of study will be provided in this section.
- Let’s Discuss: This section contains the discussion questions for the Scripture in the Let’s Start section.
- Let’s Talk: This short lesson takes an idea from ILYM and pairs it with the Scripture provided in the Let’s Start section so that you can go deeper or study the idea from a different angle.
- Let’s Pray Together: I have ended each day’s study with a prayer based on Scripture, followed by space to jot down what you learned or any action steps Jesus is leading you to take. This space could also be used to record a personal prayer.
- Teaching Videos: I’m excited to announce that I’m providing an additional resource for you in the form of teaching videos that will go along with the written content from the book and the workbook. These videos will be available for you at www.sharieking.com.