Hello Spring and Summer
My first ministry trip out of the US was to Mexico City when I was 13 years old. I already felt like I'd serve Jesus full time when I was older. I wondered if he would call me to missions as a single woman, but instead, when Clayton and I met, we served in India 5 months into dating. We shared a passion for taking the gospel to anyone, anywhere.
Clayton King Ministries has carried this vision, this passion, and now as parents we are excited that our boys will be coming with us on their first trip abroad to Guatemala. The Lord is maturing our boys in ways I could've never imagined. They are more spiritually mature than I was at their age(s), and now Jesus has the opportunity to break and open their eyes to a new culture.
I'm sharing this with you, friends, because Clayton and I covet your prayers. Here are a few specifics you could pray for us:
- to serve the people of Paradise, Guatemala in sincerity led by the Holy Spirit
- that the Lord would speak to our children and lead them to understand their gifts and how they can serve
- for the health and safety of our team in general
- for Jesus to work in the hearts of each team member as he has planned
- for wisdom, patience and guidance for the team leaders: Clayton and I, as well as Justin and Jess Brock
Thank you so much for your support and love toward our family and Clayton King Ministries. While I'm on the subject of prayer, I also have another request. Not long after we get back from Guatemala, our summer camps will begin. Our staff arrive and begin training June 7th-12th and the first day of 7 weeks of Crossroads Summer Camp (yes that's 49 days of ministering to middle and high school students) start on June 13th. We NEED your prayers and support. So, I need to ask for a few more prayers. Would you pray:
- for protection from injury and sickness for our staff and participants
- for spiritual tenderness in the students' hearts
- for wisdom for our staff in ministering to them
- for faith and boldness for the teachers bringing the messages during workshops, devotions, services and church group times
- for good communication among everyone handling logistics
Thank you again for being a support system for us. We can feel the prayers of people who lift us up every year. If each of you would pick a day and time each week to remember us (like maybe Monday during lunch), maybe we will have the entire week covered in prayer!
Also, I will be speaking during camp the weeks 2-6 on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. We live-stream all the evening services online, so check out my, or CKm's social media for the link and you can see God move at 7 PM Monday-Thursday.
If your church doesn't currently have a summer camp, are looking into a fresh one, or know a church who needs a good one, we would love to invite you to preview Crossroads Summer Camp. All you have to do is call our offices and set up a visit, where we will have someone escort you, providing a full day's experience. You can even bring a couple of students to get their feedback (as space allows). Our office contact info: 864-437-8455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate you and I can't wait to report all the goodness we witness to you, but until then, I will pray that God would bless your life beyond all you ask or imagine!!
© 2016 by Sharie King. All rights reserved.